CustomHeader

About Us The Boat The Fish Gallery Info Contact Us Image Map

Monday, June 23, 2014

Great Day on the Bay

I had a great day fishing with Mark Moreland, his step son Connor, son Mathew, his girlfriend Loren, Nephew Hunter and Brother Michael today.  Mathew is an active duty Marine and is set to be deployed to Japan for the next four years, and his Dad wanted to take this opportunity to spend the day fishing with his family.  I was honored that they decided to make the trip with me.
Unfortunately I hadn't fished since last week so I didn't have a solid game plan in place.  When we got out in the bay, the weather looked a little questionable, but within a couple hours it cleared up and turned into a beautiful day.
We stopped and looked at a few places that have produced fish over the past couple weeks, but they didn't show many signs of life, so we went out a little further to a spot that has produced fish for me in the past.  When we got set up we started catching nice size bluefish quickly, but pretty soon we hooked into something much larger.
After a long fight on light tackle, we finally got the fish to the boat and we saw that we had snagged a cobia.  This fish was followed by three more.  This type of action is not normally seen this far north in the Chesapeake bay, but thankfully the stars aligned and gave us a great opportunity.  The rest of the day was much the same in that we caught and released many fish all day long, and managed to take a good number home with us.  
Thank you for fishing with Nathan and I today Mark!  I had a great time, and I hope you did as well.  I can't wait to do it again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment