CustomHeader

About Us The Boat The Fish Gallery Info Contact Us Image Map

Monday, November 11, 2013

Practice trip

On 11/9/13 I had the opportunity to fish with a great group of people from Reedville, Va.  My oldest son was home from boarding school and wanted to get out on the bay to catch some fish before we had to take him back to Charlottesville on Monday. We all packed up and headed out early, which  worked out well because my first "official" trip is on 11/16, and I needed to get out and make sure everything was in working order before next weekend.
 

 
The weather was absolutely beautiful Saturday morning and we were able to get to our spot quickly.  Once anchored and setup, the fish started biting quickly.  Within two hours we had all the rockfish that we could keep, and had released many more.
 

There were A LOT of fish out there this weekend, and we sure had a GREAT time catching them.




 I can't help but think that these fish know that cold weather is on the way and they are eating everything in sight trying to put on weight to get ready for it. I have seen posts from my friends in Sag Harbor NY, showing catches of large striped bass in the past week. This tells me that the fish are making their way down the coast as we speak, and will be in the bay before we know it.  So, if you are considering fishing the bay this fall, call soon to book your trip, I have a few dates still available before the end of the year and would love to pencil you in.
 
Happy Veterans Day! Thank you to all whom serve and have served our country in the armed forces!

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment